Join the players and staff of the University Of Tampa Basketball team for the 2023 All-Skills Day Camp!
Who for the University Of Tampa Basketball team All-Skills Day Camp?
Boys entering grades K-9 in the fall of 2023 who want to enhance their basketball skills, meet new people, and most notably, have fun! All campers are divided into groups based on their age and ability.
What does the University Of Tampa Basketball All-Skills Day Camp have?
Fundamental instruction, lectures on proper defensive and offensive techniques, and individual and team competitions are all part of the sports camp experience.
- Daily essential stations
- 5 on 5 full court play 1 on 1 tournament
- Contests such as free throws, knockout, hot shots, and money baskets are available.
- Guest lecturers include current/former collegiate and professional athletes.
- Every day, the gourmet on-campus cafeteria serves a buffet lunch.
- At the end of the week, there will be awards and prizes.
- A low camper-to-staff ratio
Where does the University Of Tampa Basketball All-Skills Day Camp take place?
The University of Tampa’s Bob Martinez Athletic Center (400 North Boulevard Tampa, FL 33606)
From the East
Exit 45A on I-4 West to I-275 South. Take the Downtown East/West exit. Continue straight (Downtown West) until you reach the Ashley Dr. exit (left-hand exit). Take the Ashley exit, stay in the right lane, and turn right at the first light (Tyler). Take Tyler over the river and turn left at the second light (N. Boulevard). Follow North Blvd until you reach the Bob Martinez Sports Center on the right, across from the stadium.
From the North
I-75 South to I-275 South to Exit 45A. Take the Downtown East/West exit. Continue straight (Downtown West) until you reach the Ashley Dr. exit (left-hand exit). Take the Ashley exit, stay in the right lane, and turn right at the first light (Tyler). Follow Tyler over the river (Tyler becomes Cass) and turn left at the second light (N. Boulevard). Follow North Blvd until you reach the Bob Martinez Sports Center on the right, across from the stadium.
From the South
North on I-275 to Exit 44. (Downtown West). Take Ashley Dr. (Right Lane) to the first light and turn right (Tyler). Follow Tyler over the river (Tyler becomes Cass) and turn left at the second light (N. Boulevard). Follow North Blvd until you reach the Bob Martinez Sports Center on the right, across from the stadium.
When is the University Of Tampa Basketball All-Skills Day Camp?
Four separate sessions. Boys are welcome to attend any or all of the sessions!
- Session 1 runs from June 12 to June 16.
- Session 2 will take place from June 19 to June 23.
- Session 3 will take place from June 26 to June 30.
- Session 4 will take place from July 17 to July 21.
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Check-in will take place between 8:30 am and 9:00 am on the first day of camp. Campers can be decided to drop off as early as 8:30 a.m. on the following days.
Parents/Guardians must pick up their campers at 4:00 p.m. daily and must be prepared to present proper identification.
COVID: Masks are not required at camp. A positive COVID test within 7 days of the start date of the camp will result in a full refund. A positive test result will be required.
Cost for the University Of Tampa Basketball All-Skills Day Camp
$280, includes Monday-Thursday lunch in the gourmet cafeteria and a camp t-shirt.
4 Week Special: Sign up for all four weeks and save $1000!
The Bob Martinez Sports Center opened in July 1984, named after the UT alumnus who provided as Mayor of Tampa, Governor of Florida, and President Bush’s cabinet-level Drug Czar. The Martinez Athletics Center underwent extensive renovations in September 2012. The main gymnasium contains three full-size courts and permanent seating for 3,432 people to watch the main court. It also has a training room, a weight room, classrooms, six locker rooms, and athletic as well as physical education department offices.
There will be an awards ceremony on Friday at 11:30 a.m. Each age division’s contest winners but also team champions will be recognized. Parents are welcome to join us!
- Coach Schmidt: Richard Schmidt is already in his 40th season as the head men’s basketball coach at the University of Tampa, in which he has led the Spartans to 30 winning seasons. Schmidt was inducted into the UT Athletic Hall of Fame in October 2004, after more than 2 decades of success as well as the ability to contribute to the basketball program.
- Coach Pecka: Justin Pecka is in his 14th season as a participant on the University of Tampa coaching staff. At the end of the 2015-16 season, he was endorsed from assistant coach to equate head coach.
His responsibilities as the top assistant include player development, recruiting, scheduling, and getting ready scouting reports. He also helps with the program’s day-to-day operations.
What you should bring?
- Basketball shoes and athletic clothing
- A backpack or gym bag
Register for the camp store
- Step 1: Open the Registration Form & Consent to Enroll Form in PDF format.
- Step 2: Print and complete the forms.
- Step 3: Send the completed forms as well as payment by mail.
Men’s Basketball Office, Tampa Boy’s Basketball Camp 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. The box I Tampa, FL 33606
Once the University Of Tampa Basketball receives the registration forms and deposit, they will send a confirmation email with parking instructions, directions, and additional information leading up to camp.